Is your life full of energy? Do you find yourself smiling constantly throughout you day? Are you finding yourself wanting to dance everywhere? Or is dancing your life? All the above could become a part of you if you make Zumba a part of your life!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
UPDATE: I no longer teach Zumba or am a Zumba instructor. I still think it’s a great form of exercise, though.
Zumba is a Latin-based dance fitness class, which uses Latin and World music. It’s great fun and perfect for both dancers and non-dancers!
Here are my top ten ways Zumba helps improve performance in everyday life:
1. Zumba is like a party. Going to a Zumba class is like being at a party or dancing at a nightclub. A phrase you will often hear when referring to Zumba is “Come join the party!”
2. Zumba makes you smile. When you attend a Zumba class you will find most people smiling . . . a lot!!!
3. Zumba classes get you dancing. Zumba classes use dance-based steps from different rhythms to create fun and easy, but just challenging enough, choreographed routines. Even when you’ve never danced before, Zumba will have you dancing and keeping up with the steps in no time.
4. Zumba is great for dancers – and makes non-dancers into dancers. Zumba is a dancer’s dream. 🙂 You can do dance steps, choreography, let yourself dance freely, and just have a great time moving your body. If ballet, ballroom or a very held and position-oriented style of dance is what you do, Zumba is brilliant for loosening up your dancing. Dancers of any style need to be versatile and able to add their own personality to dance. Zumba helps you find your dance personality!
5. Zumba gives you life. Zumba can bring back energy into your life and an excitement for daily living! Zumba can provide something to look forward to or just a way to express yourself. Zumba can bring life back to people of all ages and lifestyles.
6. Zumba gives you passion. Zumba inspires passion in your life and can even develop the passionate side of your personality. Zumba can encourage passion in your family life, work, studies, sports, performing arts, friendships, love life – basically all of life.
7. Zumba increases your confidence. Ever notice how confident we feel when we move our body well or in a way that feels good? Zumba develops our passion through body movement, giving us more confidence.
8. Zumba is fabulous for coordination. Do you feel uncoordinated? Don’t worry! Zumba is for everyone! For dancers and athletes, Zumba is great for maximizing and defining coordination. For less-coordinated individuals, Zumba improves coordination without feeling like work. You begin to notice yourself picking up routines quicker, keeping up with steps, and knowing what’s next. Coordination will improve with regular Zumba class attendance.
9. Zumba creates runway-worthy posture. I think you’ve all at some point or other done a runway walk! Maybe it was with your friends, trying on clothing at a store for someone, in front of a mirror in your room, or even modeling in a fashion show. We all want to feel confident like we’re walking down a runway sometimes. Get that confidence and posture to dominate your walk with Zumba!
10. Zumba is a blast! Zumba is fun! Zumba can even be described as a mind, body, and spirit class, as you feel happy, energized and more in touch with yourself afterwards. You also feel more relaxed, less stressed, and like you’ve had a great workout. You’ll feel great about yourself!
Zumba is becoming extremely popular around the World.
Here’s a fun Zumba video. Go ahead and dance along!
Photo Credit: Photo by Simon Schoeters.