Here are 10 ways to beat the Thanksgiving aftereffects:
1. Try an active family game or activity after the meal has digested. Or you could do it before if you can’t face anything after! 🙂
2. Try a Thanksgiving power walk or just a walk with the family.
3. Get the entire family to have a Wii fit tournament.
4. Take a family bike ride.
5. Go to a park or your backyard and play a game of touch football, soccer, Frisbee, or another active game.
6. Go to a tourist attraction (if it’s open) and have fun seeing the sights and having some healthy outdoor air and walking.
7. Go to a theme park.
8. Take a family stroll to your nearest Christmas tree dealer and have fun carrying the tree home together. Talk about starting the holiday season together!
9. Have a treasure hunt for the kids and make sure you join in, too.
10. Finally, help out with the cooking and cleanup. With all the fabulous food that is to prepared and eaten, calories can be burned preparing the meal and cleaning up afterwards.
Tom and I enjoy a Thanksgiving power workout together. What you’d like to do is up to you. Most of all, enjoy Thanksgiving and have fun being active with your family! 🙂
I’d love to hear how you and your family enjoy Thanksgiving together and if you like to do anything active on Thanksgiving!