It’s the start of the holiday season! During the holiday season, I love to focus on family, friends, and showing love to others. What better way to show love to others than to perform this holiday season and brighten someone’s day!
Here are 5 tips on how to keep performance alive throughout the holidays:
1. Try out caroling. Caroling is something you can do with family, friends, coworkers, or even as part of a caroling group. It’s a fun holiday experience to be with family and friends or to meet new people.
2. Join a holiday production, such as a holiday play or musical. It can be a fabulous experience for all ages to get involved in a holiday production.
3. Join a choir. If you love singing, the holiday season can be a great time to join a choir. You may have friends in the choir, or this could be a way to meet some new people and do something you love.
4. Put on a holiday puppet show with friends and/or family for each other. This can be a wonderful way to have fun with family and friends, while being creative and performing in front of loved ones without a crowd.
5. Play a game that involves creativity and performance, such as Pictionary, Charades, Articulate, or Taboo. Some games involve acting, describing, or drawing. These can be great games to play over the holiday season while getting some much-needed family and friend time.
This week I’m starring in iceSheffield’s Christmas Show on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of December! I’ve also choreographed a few numbers – from a group number with 30 skaters to numbers with The Oxford Freestylers to my own solo. I will be performing in San Diego, California, on December 15th!
I love performing as a way to start the holiday season! Remember, you don’t have to perform in front of a crowd of people in order to perform this holiday season. Just enjoy doing whatever makes you happy. Have fun! I’d love to hear about ways you like to perform during the holidays.